Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,993   Posts: 1,524,258   Online: 1000

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lbenac View Post
    Thanks Ed. It 's going in my notebook. I have switched some time ago to 3010 with Unicolor for more even development so that is perfect.

Cheers,

Luc
    Don't forget to add a few drops of a Photoflo like chemical to Solution A or you will experience streaking in areas of the negative.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Bray View Post
    Don't forget to add a few drops of a Photoflo like chemical to Solution A or you will experience streaking in areas of the negative.
    Doesn't photo flo cause development issues? That's why you don't put it directly into the tank....

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is said a few drops of photo-flo helps solution A "drain" of the surface of the film more evenly, which might help promote uniformity when the film is put into a highly alkaline bath B in which development is extremely rapid.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Bray View Post
    Oddly, although I used to have issues with PMK, I still haven't had streaking issues with Pyrocat, whether divided or not.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    I use and like Pyrocat HD in both tray and Jobo. I have tried it divided and find it is another in the list of "Silver Bullets."
    Divided D-23 and AB-55 are the first two which come to mind. Divided D-76 was looked at in the same way at one time. All have worked, but none have been the "Silver Bullet."
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not sure of the need to use divided Pyrocat in these conditions, I have no problems with negatives processed in Pyrocat HD 1+1+100 in harsher lighting, and never had a problem with Xtol (replenished) or Rodinal either.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is no "magic bullet" or "holy grail" in photography. One of the things you learn is that there is always a price to pay for any particular advantage in photography.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    There is no "magic bullet" or "holy grail" in photography. One of the things you learn is that there is always a price to pay for any particular advantage in photography.
    Rodinal... Hehe

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I will attest to this. 95% of any photographer's success has to do with technique and knowledge of HOW to use our materials, not what materials we use. The only magic is between your ears, and how you use it.

Now, if you're like Bob Carnie and you like solarized negatives, for example, just any developer will not do. I get that. Special purpose stuff.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is a magic bullet it's called "Craft" and it's what Thomas is saying above. Know your craft and you control the results that you achieve.

Ian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin