Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,542   Posts: 1,544,402   Online: 1027

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ok. So I got a wrong idea how it is diluted.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    There's no wrong way, as long as your end result is 1 part dev and 31 parts water.

You could do it in 5 steps and assuming your measurements were all correct still come out just fine.

If this stuff is anything like HC-110 it doesn't "go off" for a long time. Even the bottle itself says "Expiration: INDEFINITE" so I'm sure you will be fine.

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    There's no wrong way, as long as your end result is 1 part dev and 31 parts water.

You could do it in 5 steps and assuming your measurements were all correct still come out just fine.

If this stuff is anything like HC-110 it doesn't "go off" for a long time. Even the bottle itself says "Expiration: INDEFINITE" so I'm sure you will be fine.

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stone is correct about the dilution procedure.

However, for clarity, HC-110 (and I assume Ilfotec-HC) is very long lived for so long as no water has been added to the concentrate.

Once you start diluting the concentrate, the resulting stock or working solution is relatively short-lived.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What I thought is that I can dilute 1+3 from the bottle enough to have 1 litter diluted concentration. Then I can re-dilute (or dilute the diluted concentration) 1+31 to develop the negative. Is this right?

It means that I would use less developer than diluting it 1+31 straight from the bottle to develop.

Therefore the bottle (or the syrup) will last longer in my stock. Or take longer to "run out".

Did I get it right?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by marciofs View Post
    What I thought is that I can dilute 1+3 from the bottle enough to have 1 litter diluted concentration. Then I can re-dilute (or dilute the diluted concentration) 1+31 to develop the negative. Is this right?

It means that I would use less developer than diluting it 1+31 straight from the bottle to develop.

Therefore the bottle (or the syrup) will last longer in my stock. Or take longer to "run out".

Did I get it right?
    Sorry, but no.

If you first dilute 1 + 3, you end up with an intermediate "stock" solution.

To turn that stock solution into something you can work with - a "working solution" - you need to further dilute it 1 + 7 (1 part stock plus 7 parts water).

The end result is working strength developer made up of 1 part concentrate plus 31 parts water - 1 + 31.

If you were to dilute the stock solution 1 + 31, there wouldn't be enough developer in the result to work properly.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin