Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,472   Posts: 1,570,962   Online: 799

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Ilfotec-HC Dilution

I was looking for information about Ilfotec on the search and in one of the posts somebody told about this dilution:

[...] Ilfotec comes as thick goop. You have to mix it 1:3 with water to get stock. Then you dilute the stock to 1+31, 1+47 etc.
    Is this right? Because I have being diluted 1+31 straight from the bottle to develop my negatives and the results seems to be fine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also dilute it straight from the bottle, it works just fine. Ilford warns to make stock first by diluting the concentrate 1+3 with water and diluting it further 1+7 with water to make 1+31 as it is more likely to measure more accurately this way. I just use a small graduated cylinder with success.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I didn't know that.
    It means it can last even longer.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Wait is this basically Ilford's version if HC-110? Similar to Ilford's version of D-76 which is ID-11 ? Anyone?

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ilford lists both Ilfotec HC and Ilfotec LC29 as "equivalents" to HC-110. Note this does not mean they are exactly the same. Like HC-110, these two Ilford developers are highly concentrated, Phenidone/Dimezone-Hydroquinone formulas, and they operate within a pH range close to HC-110. That is about all we can say and it doesn't necessarily say much about working characteristics. Ilfotec LC29 is described by Ilford as being based on Ilfotec HC but an easier-to-pour concentrate for lower volume processing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Anoter 'equivalent' to HC-110 is Tetenal Neopress HC.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    But you guys dilute it 1+3 (and the 1+7) before dilute it again to develop the film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No, I work with the concentrate from the bottle. I take one part of the concentrate and mix it with 31 parts of water. As simple as that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Since it seems most people works with the concentration from the bottle, what is the best to do? I am attempted to do the pre dilution because it would last longer. But if nobody or few does I wonder about the result quality.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It would not last longer, why would it? You said that you have been diluting it straight from the bottle before and that you were satisfied with the results. Why change?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin