Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,220   Online: 667

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I use a great community darkroom in Chicago and more members would definitely be welcome.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Excellent idea.
    I'm willing to share if needed (and I have some control of who is using it).

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Gallery 44 in Toronto has an excellent facility with 10 4x5 enlargers, and a second room where you can put your own enlarge in.
    www.gallery44.org ... Simon these would be people you would want to contact.. Lise Beaudry, Stu and soJin run the facilitys,
    I believe there are many members here on APUG.

Project Basho in Philly has a wonderful facility.

Bill Schwab Photostock Facility.

M56 in Riverside Ca is hosting me to do a silver workshop in Sept.

I could keep on going but there are centers of excellence all around NA that I am aware of that should support each other.

If you would like I would forward your plan to G44. It is a hot bed of talented silver printers.

We do not open my private darkroom to casual use , ( all of my old assistants have access as they are well aware to put things back in the right place or suffer the concequences} Though it is used for group training and workshops, we just had Sandy King, Ron Reeder and Steve Sherman give workshops on wet work here. We also have at least 15 visits per year by young students where Paulette and I show them the magic of an image emerging.

Our workshops will be every year in May surrounding the Contact Photo Festival , which is an incredible month of photography here in Canada.

As you know we have taken the name defendthedarkroom.ca , we believe strongly in Harman's initiative and fully support you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob, your work and support of everything darkroom-related in Toronto really makes me want to find a way to move back there (either to study or work).

Simon, I've filled out the questionnaire, and although I'd be more than willing to share my knowledge (and home-based darkroom, if need be) I doubt I'll be getting any calls given where I am located in Japan. Place M in Tokyo is fantastic -- both black and white and colour facilities are available in multiple formats -- you might want to look into them too (I used them every time I went to Tokyo before I had a darkroom of my own).
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I have a darkroom at the university where I teach. I would certainly be willing to teach someone to use a darkroom without requiring they sign up for a class. The department asks for a small lab fee to cover the costs of the chemicals, but other than that, it is open to most people.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks Simon. I knew there was a reason I like Ilford film.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I already help people out and also run courses.

Count me in.

David
    www.dsallen.de

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have used my home darkroom to help a couple of people get started with film processing and printing.

If I could get to know a person a little bit first, I wouldn't mind letting them into my home to use my darkroom, but not strangers. That would not go over too well with 'the boss'.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    I have used my home darkroom to help a couple of people get started with film processing and printing.

If I could get to know a person a little bit first, I wouldn't mind letting them into my home to use my darkroom, but not strangers. That would not go over too well with 'the boss'.
    Even a guy like me? Hehe :-p

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    In Norfolk, we have the Norwich Arts Centre which has a small darkroom for hire - Not used it myself as they didn't offer large format facilities when I was setting up. The Soup Lab (only appears to have a facebook page ) was only a short walk away, but looks like they have had to move out a couple of months ago. May be they will set up elsewhere...

Unlike other parts of the UK, it looks like we have quite an active analogue scene in this area

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin