Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,336   Online: 985

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Survey complete!

Thanks for all you're doing, Simon!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My Darkroom is my work space. It is my source of income and filled with high end professional equipment that is expensive and difficult (if not impossible) to replace. I would never let anyone in to use it. These days I try to have no contact with and shut out the general public completely.

Survey complete :-)
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    thanks simon you folks are great !

i'm training and giving workshops with school aged kids ..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Survey completed; I really appreciate your work and dedication, Simon. My darkroom is in my home which is my private space. I'm reluctant to invite stranges in my home but exceptions may be granted if I get to know the person and they prove to love the craft.
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear All,

Thanks so much for all your feedback so far, and filling out the survey....

We really appreciate it, its just as important to hear the negatives ( we completely understand ) as well as the positives, otherwise we get skewed feedback, once again thanks so much, no matter what we go on and do please remember : HIRE DARKROOMS and COMMUNITY DARKROOMS will get number one TOP BILLING now and forever...

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    As a relative noob, I felt a little awkward filling out the survey. I'd be more than happy to have someone come over and use my darkroom (such as it is...its pretty much a work in progress)...but like most here (I suspect) who run it out of their homes, there are a bunch of considerations. Namely, we would have to schedule around my time, since I'd need to be there.

Still, it seems like a nice way to network with others interested in this craft. I look at it as much as an opportunity to learn as anything else.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Survey completed.

I agree about learning. It's easy to get stuck in our ways of doing things, and it's healthy to watch someone else work; sometimes it gives some good ideas that we hadn't otherwise considered. Exchange of ideas and knowledge is always a good thing, and teaching is the best way to learn.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Filled in. My home darkroom is currently a work in progress (will be a little while before I'm in a position to start using it) but being that it's in a rented apartment with a wife and two cats and is a semi-permanent facility, it's probably not much of a candidate for community use. Now if I happened to be good friends with someone who wanted to try darkroom work, I'd be OK with that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I filled it in.

My personal darkroom is not available for sharing in this sense as it is part of my house. Also, liability that goes with having a non-friend in such space scares me. I would think, this type of thing is most successful when the facility is public in nature, or for-fee and commercial.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Dear Apugger,
    (...) We want to try and create a worldwide web site, which HARMAN will invest money and resource in, which brings those with a darkroom into contact with those who do not (...)
    With Many Thanks
    Simon. ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :
    Hello Simon,
    I welcome your idea and I'll fill out the survey.
    Just one comment: that "worldwide web site" you're contemplating about already exists: http://www.apug.org
    So, instead of creating a new one, please put your money and effort in this forum. It will even give you a head start with an already filled databank full of darkroom info and participants

Bert from Holland
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin