Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,483   Online: 903

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by timhenrion View Post
    Personally I'd like to see HARMAN invest their money in making film scanners.
    I think you mean enlargers

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    For the people who don't want to lend out their private darkrooms I still think you should consider supervised access - ie tutoring newbies and getting them into it.
    In a couple of years I'd consider that (mostly because I won't be a complete and utter n00b at it myself by then)!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    There is a very nice community darkroom in Williamsport Pa: http://www.keepmeinthedark.com

Shooter
    35mm
    I think its a great idea. It would be wonderful to find a community darkroom. I understand there are some here in Allentown/Bethlehem PA, but I have no clue where to even start looking for them. This website idea is wonderful.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I did the survey on behalf of Vermont Center for Photography which has a darkroom available for group or individual use.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I filled out the survey. I have had people come over to work in my darkroom. In fact, this weekend we are having a small caffenol developing workshop! But I am very careful about who I invite and would not be comfortable with anyone working alone there (hey! They might empty the beer fridge!) I would really love to see someone set up a community darkroom in this area and would gladly help towards that end.
    "So I am turning over a new leaf but the page is stuck". Diane Arbus

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would certainly help equip a public darkroom here in sydney with free enlargers, film and paper processors etc... I have a Lot of equipment on standby for future service or spare parts.
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've filled out the survey. My darkroom is also in my home, so I don't wish to rent it out on a regular basis to strangers. But it is important to keep the craft alive, so I have started to arrange tutorials for people interested in learning. I may also lend it to people I know.

Trond

Shooter
    35mm
    Survey answered.

it told us amongst other things that well over 30% of those who took part have no access to a darkroom
    I wonder how they view their negs? Suppose it doesn't matter, as long as we are united.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by IndifferentCamera View Post
    ... that well over 30% of those who took part have no access to a darkroom ...
    I wonder how they view their negs? Suppose it doesn't matter, as long as we are united.
    Scanning themselves or a lab for developing + CD with images, I presume.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin