Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,770   Posts: 1,670,866   Online: 990

Shooter
    Medium Format

Tri-x at 1000 E.I. in Microphen

hello there! i have some film waiting to be developed rated at 1000 E.I. and have only microphen on hand, before i proceed with a guess on temp, time and other variables id like to hear others experiences with tri x rated at or near this speed developed in microphen. thank you!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Many people have a habit of pushing Tri-X to very high E.I. speeds, apparently with success as many of the resulting images suggest. Microphen as a speed enhancing developer seems to be a proper fit for this. Before you randomly guess dev times etc, here is the excerpt from Massive Dev Chart for your film/dev combo.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would rather use Acufine for this, but, I can second Rudofus' suggestion. Guessing isn't so good as the Massive Developing Chart.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak, of all people, did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin