Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,432   Online: 811

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Short ends of movie film? In Canada?

With the discussion of movie film anybody know of a source for this stuff in Canada? Hopefully Toronto. One place in New York has some interesting stuff and prices but charges more for shipping then your average plane ticket. So I'm not dealing with them.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Nick, if you or anyone else wants some Double-X, I have more than I need in the freezer, and I'm willing to give away the excess for the cost of shipping. It's in 100 foot spools It's way out of date and foggy, but kind of interesting. I rate it at 80 and process it in Acufine with some benzatriazole to keep down the fog a bit. PM me if you're interested. Here's a sample shot--

flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nick,

Try Stock Options in Toronto:

http://www.stockoptionscorp.com/SOFAQ.htm

Just out of interest, are you looking for anything in particular?

Best,
    Helen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's a great link Helen, many thanks.

Jordan in Toronto

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks to both David and Helen. I'm thinking about some of the colour films without remjet backing. I remember wanting an E-6 film that I thought would be worth trying to cross process. If nothing else 100+ feet would allow me to get a better feel for the whole thing. But it's been so long I've forgotten exactly what I wanted-) The Fuji motion picture film website doesn't include processing info that I can find. The Kodak stuff that Stock options has seems to be all EC-2. I notice they've got Velvia but I don't know if that's what I was thinking about.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nick,

35 mm motion picture colour reversal is not common stuff. Ektachrome 100D 5285 (T-grain, E-6) is available, but it is an MP film designed to look like E100VS I think.

Best,
    Helen

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi,

5285 *is* E100VS (E-6). All motion picture reversal stocks except 5285 (and, well, Kodachrome) are EOL'd.

-jlc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Jason,

Welcome to the forum. It's always good to hear from another cinematographer.

'5285 *is* E100VS'

So it is. Thanks for pointing that out. It is about ten years since I shot any MP colour reversal so I'm not as familiar with it as I am with negative materials, but I should have realised that it would be the same. I'd seen the sad news about the end of the line for all VNF-type reversal, but I can't remember it being available in 35 mm anyway. Was it?

Best,
    Helen
    Last edited by Helen B; 01-25-2005 at 08:02 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's the 100D film? One more to add to my list to investigate.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, it is E100VS in 400 ft and 1,000 ft rolls with B&H perforations and Keykode.

Best,
    Helen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin