Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,745   Online: 932

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for that I will maybe try next time, for now I used the Photographers Formulary instructions and it seems to be a success, I also added 4g Potassium bromide as anti fog agent total mix 500ml.

Cheers

Shooter
    35mm
    I think that last formula for Rodinal from digitaltruth is totally wrong!
    Compare it with old correct formula http://web.archive.org/web/201208271...ta/rodinal.php
    Last edited by Relayer; 08-02-2013 at 07:23 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is totallyn bwrong but the second (the original) is a formula published by Momme Andresen/Agfa bit isn't Rodinal, it's very similar but uses p-aminophenol hydrochloride, Rodinal is made from the free base.

The writer has been deliberately posting maliciously on forums with highly embellished stories to back up his fictyion.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jochen View Post
    Hello,
    here is a formulation for Rodinal concentrate which goes back to the formula of Agfa which was discovered by allied troups after WW2:

Solution 1.) To 650 ml potassiumsulfite-solution 45 % (e.g. from BASF) add 55 g p-aminophenol (free base). It does not dissolve.
    Solution 2.) 200 ml deion. water + 40 g EDTANa4 + 42 g potassiumhydroxide (caution, gets hot!) + 15 g potassiumbromide
    After all components are dissolved, add to solution 1.) and fill up with deion. water to 1000 ml.

In the original formula there was no EDTANa4 and a special antifog (anthraquinonetriazole) which is no longer available; therefore KBr is added.
    I have the original as:

Dissolve 34 kg of para-aminophenol in 340 litres of water. Add 558 kg of a 30% solution of potassium sulphite at 55C followed by 50 kg of a 34% potassium hydroxide solution, then 5.52 kg of potassium bromide in a little water. Add 42 g P.1347 (an Agfa-specific anti-foggant). Filter and allow to stand for 14 days.

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    I like the
    5.52 kg of potassium bromide in a little water.
    part...
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ath View Post
    I like the

part...
    I like that too, ... Just a little bit...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    With all this fuss about Rodinal, I think I'll give it a try. Or at least one version of it. Has anyone tried Patrick Gainer's EZ-Rodinal?

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum223/...z-rodinal.html

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by john_s View Post
    With all this fuss about Rodinal, I think I'll give it a try. Or at least one version of it. Has anyone tried Patrick Gainer's EZ-Rodinal?

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum223/...z-rodinal.html
    Or we could all support Adox who actually make the official Rodinal version and ensure its continued production.....

~Stone | Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    Ian, I know you know your stuff, but I was talking to that guy KennyE, and he states the same about you. But how do you know that Agfa used that other stuff and not what KennyE says they used.

Because every time I ask him a question, he would send me something. He sent me these two items to show that he knew his stuff.

So, please do not get mad at me, I am trying to learn something. Because there are so many people saying a lot of stuff. And everybody got stuff to say. I am just asking so please do not get mad or upset. Educate me, I want to know

#1 Son
    Attached Files

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Or we could all support Adox who actually make the official Rodinal version and ensure its continued production.....

~Stone | Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I prefer to mix my own developers. The two commercial developers that I have used the most since I started in around 1970 are no longer available here in Australia although they are in other countries (HC-110 and Acufine). I'll give EZ-Rodinal a try.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin