Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,921   Posts: 1,556,586   Online: 1196

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    This - http://www.freestylephoto.biz/51812-...8x10-25-Sheets - isn't quite as cheap, but isn't bad for learning sorta. I've used it in my 4x5 with a pinhole because it's the only thing that would be slow enough I could use my hand for a shutter. I didn't want to do paper negs. I took an exposed piece of 4x5 film and made marks on my cutter so I could cut it down to fit in the film holders.
    It does go contrasty fast, but it's still fun to play with if you want to make cyanotypes with the result or just want to play a little for less than regular sheet film. Not every shot has to be totally serious!
    Thanks Bethe, but that looks like too much work cutting down, plus I would never need that many sheets, 50 for $10 is fine for playing with, having to cut 25 sheets into 100 sheets for $20 isn't as much fun... haha but good to know.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    You crack me up John

Let me figure out how to use the Camera then I'll experiment

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    LOL

you crack me up too ...

if you don't have a library nearby that has THE BOOK
    this might be helpful

http://www.toyoview.com/LargeFrmtTech/lgformat.html

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    LOL

you crack me up too ...

if you don't have a library nearby that has THE BOOK
    this might be helpful

http://www.toyoview.com/LargeFrmtTech/lgformat.html
    The Book?

or THE Book? haha which is that?

And thanks, yea we'll see... just waiting for the mail man to bring my lens board... hurry up mail man!
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    THE BOOK = " the view camera book "
    its a steve simmons production ( as in view camera magazine )

i think the ansel adams "the camera" also deals with a view camera if you can find that
    its part of " the trifecta " ( camera print negative )

a library might have both or either or or all 3 or 4

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    People have done this, but it's more suitable for some kind of creative fun than as a substitute for general photographic film.
    As someone who has done this, I agree. Below is a shot from earlier this year on Kodalith Ortho Type 3 that expired in 1994. The film base is indeed much thinner than with normal film, but it slides right into my 4x5 holders without trimming. It took some experimenting with very dilute developer and shortened processing times to find a method that pulls some tonality out of this very contrasty film. If you can get it cheap, I say go for it.

Jonathan

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoldslabs View Post
    As someone who has done this, I agree. Below is a shot from earlier this year on Kodalith Ortho Type 3 that expired in 1994. The film base is indeed much thinner than with normal film, but it slides right into my 4x5 holders without trimming. It took some experimenting with very dilute developer and shortened processing times to find a method that pulls some tonality out of this very contrasty film. If you can get it cheap, I say go for it.

Jonathan
    Cool thanks. Maybe once I've perfected using the 4x5

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin