I've been a fan of Fomabrom Varient IV 123 for some time now. I develop with Burke & Jenny homegrew developer adding 6mL of 1% solution BZT per liter. I use a 1 minute neutralizing water stop bath and 1 minute active water rinsing followed by a long minute of TF4 fixing and 10 to 30 minutes running water wash, hang to dry and move on.
Now, I switched to TF2, for convenience sake, which I would blame for graying borders but it began while I still had TF4. While still wet the prints look good but within 12 hours the borders and highlights have grayed.
I would blame a faulty batch of paper but it happens with separate purchases of 11X14 and 16X20.
I would blame TF2s' Sodium Sulfite for being old but I didn't think age was a problem as long as it was white and dry, even the photograde I have.