Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,920   Posts: 1,556,557   Online: 1301

Thread: suprol

Shooter
    35mm

suprol

hi all first of all i am a newbe to your forum so hi to all i have allways used ilford dev and fix and film come to that i have just come back to the dark room after many years of having no time any way all my gear is all ok i have just bought some suprol film and paper dev it said to dilut 1-19 but the bottle said that 1lt will make 10 lts
    now if i mix the 1lt to 9 lts of water is this now ready to use or do i have to mix the already diluted dev 1-19 to dev film any help would be great thank you

i am also useing kentmere 100 film but cant find any dev times

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://www.firstcall-photographic.co...eloper-1-litre

You dilute the concentrate 1+19 for film use and 1+9 for paper. It's a universal developer that works for both film and paper.

Try shooting a test roll at box speed. Cut the film in thirds, start developing the first third at 4 minutes @ 20 degrees C / 68 degrees F.
    - If you get too much contrast, develop for less time.
    - If you get too little contrast, develop longer.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Universal deve3lopers like Suprol are by their vary nature compromises between a film and a paper developer. Another example would be Kodak Dektol. The increased activity of these developers tends to emphasis grain. Despite what Champion may say this developer works best only for prints or MF/Lf film. The OP does not say what format he shoots but for 35 mm film I would recommend something like Ilford ID-11.
    Last edited by Gerald C Koch; 07-22-2013 at 05:03 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Warm welcome to APUG!

Jeff

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin