Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,654   Posts: 1,481,387   Online: 1065

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    The mystery will kill you!
    They told me not to use Ifsol 3 for many things and it's worked just fine... arg, and I have a new unopened bottle too.... I don't want to open it if I'm going to have bad results though.... lol, why won't anyone tell me?
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    They told me not to use Ifsol 3 for many things and it's worked just fine... arg, and I have a new unopened bottle too.... I don't want to open it if I'm going to have bad results though.... lol, why won't anyone tell me?
    I have never tried it, but never take other people's advice at face value, unless I know them and trust their opinion. Often times I find, like you have, Stone, that it's all just a matter of taste.
    For example, somebody told me HC110 and Foma200 was terrible, so I went ahead and tried it, and guess what... Wonderful prints, reminding me a bit of the old Tri-X.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    I have never tried it, but never take other people's advice at face value, unless I know them and trust their opinion. Often times I find, like you have, Stone, that it's all just a matter of taste.
    For example, somebody told me HC110 and Foma200 was terrible, so I went ahead and tried it, and guess what... Wonderful prints, reminding me a bit of the old Tri-X.

Great, I think now I MUST use ilfsol 3... though I really probably should use HC-110 on the first bunch since it's old AGFA from the 1960's in an old pack film graflock back... I wanted to try that first as a tester to learn how to operate the camera and process the film in my old FR tank while I wait a backorder for the MOD54... but I've had good success cutting base fog with Ilfsol 3 also, seems any ultra fast developer seems to cut down on base fog (so far as I've noticed from the few I've tried).

But yes I agree. The thing is, I really want to standardize on just a few developers... I have so many and it's too overwhelming and you can't perfect your work with so many dev's to mix and match. I like Ilfsol 3 but just like DD-X it's expensive compared to Rodinal and HC-110 so I think I'll just use it up and stick with DD-X for my expensive developers. Ilfsol 3 really is a wonderful developer, but alas, not for my pocket or shelf any longer.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post

Fomapan 200 in HC-110(h) is delicious.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    Fomapan 200 in HC-110(h) is delicious.
    Does it taste more like chocolate or raspberries?

Shooter
    127 Format
    more like meringue
    - Bill Lynch

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin