Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,298   Posts: 1,535,738   Online: 833

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Hypo-clear should not be soapy to start with. I saw that and assumed you meant Photo-Flo.

Perma-wash is a "soapy" and "bubbly" wash aid, used like hypo clear but not, strictly speaking, hypo clear. The manufacturer makes all kinds of claims for it. I don't personally believe them and I don't think many others do either. It seems to be surfactants, which is very different from the way regular "hypo clear" works.

Are you using the wash aid product called Perma-Wash? Is that what you mean?
    I'm using Ilford wash aid...

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, it looks like there was some confusion over the bubbly solution comment. Sorry if I erred.

Now, back to the Sulfite washing aid. This and several other salts will accelerate washing. The same thing is achieved by the use of an alkaline or neutral fix. However, for those concerned, if you use the guidelines regarding the Kodak retained hypo test you will see that the "acceptable" level is still colored a bit indicating that some level of hypo is acceptable. And the tests that Ctein made and wrote up shows us that some low level of hypo is needed for archival stability for the prevention of bronzing and other undesirable effects.

I can add this. I have worked in three production labs, and I have prints from all of them that date from the 60s. None used any sort of wash aid and all were on FB paper. All are just fine. Some are on display and others are in albums or boxes. There is no problem. We did not use it at EK in our processes either.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    There is no problem. We did not use it at EK in our processes either.

PE

PE did you use seawater instead
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We used water from the lake here processed in the water plant and delivered to our lab taps. Just plain old Dihydrogen Oxide.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    We used water from the lake here processed in the water plant and delivered to our lab taps. Just plain old Dihydrogen Oxide.

PE

silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin