Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,863   Posts: 1,583,187   Online: 789

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

colour of Pyrocat HD

There is something bogging me since I started to print my photos: my Pyrocat negatives lack the staining I'm suppose to see in them. As hard as I look at the negatives, there seems nothing orange coloured stuff in dense areas. So I would like to at least see a scan of Pyrocat developed negative, to see if I'm doing something wrong. Is somebody prepared to post a negative scan here?

Marko

Shooter
    Medium Format
    it depend on what film your using Marko - some stain heavily and others not at all. I find the classic pan films stain well, fp4 and delta 100 dont stain much at all (sometimes no visible stain on fp4) and hp5 stains well.

here is a way over exposed holga neg on hp5 with a good deep-brown stain. (prints nicely though )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pyroctneg.jpg  

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    With many films you don't really see the stain until you print the negative. FP4+ is one of those, and EFKE PL100 is hard to see too. APX100 has a much more obvious stain. Delta films don't seem to stain much at all.

So it all depends...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you Leon and Ole! Leon, that one looks much more brown that I'm seeing, but I'm using Fuji Acros.

Marko

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin