Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,704   Posts: 1,482,702   Online: 911

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i spoke with the maker of emulsion and was told there are too many factors to know if liquid emulsion coated stuff will be ok
    and spoke with people i know who work for airlines to told me ( BOTH PEOPLE ) that ALL INTERNATIONAL flights' baggage gets XRAYED ...

u guess it will be carry on if-when the time comes ...

thanks again for your help !
    john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The current state-of-the-art security scanners use dual or multi energy photons from 5keV to 250keV to simultaneously determine composition as well as visual structure. If you have metal in your luggage, it will automatically go to high power with a narrow sweep width (on the order of 1-2mm). Chest x-rays use beam energies around 120keV. If you manage to wake up one these scanners so they jump to 250keV, you might even screw up sensitized photo paper.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not all checked in luggage is scanned. My MIL just brought over like 30 rolls of black and white I left at their place in NZ and where did she put them? Yep. Checked luggage. Haven't had a chance to even test some, but I'm not terribly worried.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin