Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,750   Posts: 1,515,772   Online: 996

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know the origin, it is converted and distributed by Wephota in Germany.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Hummm, you think it is the IDS stuff that R3 is sellin?
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Print textures went from pearl to the very coarse tweed and tapestry.. This is one area of photography where digital created a serious loss in technique.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not to mention true velvet paper (with actual nap) from Mimosa, Bromide opaline parchment-translucent !, Kodak Transvelotype- transferred the emulsion to glass with hot water to make a slide, Stripping Kruxo-- a transparent tissue!- they also made a "true Sepia paper", Sensitized Japanese rice paper by Artatone…. so many cool papers…

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The problem with the demise of most base papers is that the photochemical industry blames the most important base paper manufacturer to ask too big volumes for custom papers, whereas that paper mill denies that and blame the former not to ask for other papers...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks all for the answers! It's both the surface and the feel of the paper that I like. The thin-ness is a big part, but it just looks cool. Art300 is kinda close and I do like it, but it's more textured and very thick in comparison. I don't think most of these are foldable. Some have creases from how they were stored.
    I'll admit that once I found Ilford paper in the late 90s that I never really looked around at others. I've tried a few sheets of Bergger because someone gave me a sample pack, but that's it.

Yes, there should be a "history of photographic papers" somewhere. Every detail of film is written up in countless places; did anyone do that for paper?

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know of any, as Kit Funderburk basically only speaks about Kodak papers.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    Hummm, you think it is the IDS stuff that R3 is sellin?
    No, that is in its lightest version "single weight" and thus would be too heavy.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    just ordered some vellum to coat with liquid light... maybe vellum is it?... although the folding part sounds interesting... i think the emulsion would crack or even any fiber paper for that matter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is also this page which lists so many papers from the past http://unblinkingeye.com/Articles/An.../antiquep.html

The Kodak Darkroom Guides also used to have samples of the various papers bound into the guide.

We have lost so much.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin