Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,056   Online: 798

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Ultrafine Silver Eagle Fiber Base VariGrade DW Glossy

Has anyone ever used Silver Eagle Fiber Base Varigrade DW Glossy paper? I am in love with fiber especially since my dryer is once again working well and am always looking for alternatives to my regular Ilford. Just wondering how this paper works, its finish, contrast range etc. Any tips would be appreciated. Don

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lightwisps View Post
    Has anyone ever used Silver Eagle Fiber Base Varigrade DW Glossy paper? I am in love with fiber especially since my dryer is once again working well and am always looking for alternatives to my regular Ilford. Just wondering how this paper works, its finish, contrast range etc. Any tips would be appreciated. Don
    Yes, I've used about 1000 sheets with another 400 just arrived from the USA. The paper offers a neutral emulsion on a bright white base. It responds to all my contrast filters from 0 to 5+ with only the -1 filter failing to find a true black. Exposurewise the paper is fast and it processes in conventional chemistry with no surprises. Overall the paper is "characterless" which means it doesn't impose its own signature on what the negative is delivering. That I like.
    Photography, the word itself, invented and defined by its author Sir John.F.W.Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London. Quote "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..". unquote.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks Maris, sounds like something worth taking a chance on. Don

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin