Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,999   Posts: 1,524,322   Online: 765

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by nworth View Post
    The metal ones seem to last pretty well forever if you take care with them. I still have some old Kodak cassettes from the Panatomic X and Super XX days, and they still work well. I also have some I bought about 25 years ago, and they still work well.
    I also use mine again and again and they seem to last forever. My newest ones are 3 years old and they are fine. I just give them a blow before I load the film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have some that go back far enough they predate DX coding.
    By storing them in film cans when not in the camera, the felt tends to stay clean.

I have every five years maybe, given the felt a vaccuuming with a crevice tool when I am doing a big mid winter bulk loading night. Other wise they seem to work fine for many many reusues for me.

I have only recently started to use a film leader retriver, and accordingly I now load the bulk E-6 film in my stash onto reused provia cans as I use up the factory loads, so when I wander into a good DX reading camers from time to time the latitude is correctly handled.

When taping onto a protruding tail, I stick to BluMax film spilcing tape bought from a lab. It sticks film together very well, with no gooing, like some masking tape can do with time.
    my real name, imagine that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin