Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,858   Posts: 1,583,113   Online: 932

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Favorite B/W fiber paper

As many of you know, I have decided to print mostly on Fiber paper. I have been Ilford for years and really like it. However I feel like trying something new. What is your favorite fiber paper and why? Is it the Texture, contrast, tonality, or what. Thanks in advance. Don

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Have you tried the Ilford ART 300 yet? If not I would recommend it before you give up on Ilford 's papers.
    Vincent Brady
    "Visual art is a chase after the invisable and B&W photos remind you of this search for what can't be seen,for what's missing"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have recently switched to Adox (Agfa) MCC110. A very nice paper. My other favourite is Oriental Seagul but I haven't been able to get it here for some years.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I haven't tried it yet and have only seen an 8X10 that used it. Seemed that the texture was a bit much, but who only makes 8X10s? Bigger that texture is probably not as pronounced

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My favorite is Ilford MGIV glossy. Great range of tones, tones in heavy selenium nicely, and split sepia tones beautifully. MGWT is nice too, I use it with selenium and polysulphide toners too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    +1 for Adox MCC110, I really like its texture and tonality. And it seems to work well with Moersch Blue developer, which I like quite a lot.
    Also like their Variotone Warmtone VC paper, similar (but not exactly same) texture as the MCC110 and, obviously, a warmer tone.
    They only do them as VC paper, however... no graded versions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My Favorite was Fotokemika Emaks, but now my Favorites are Foma papers (Fomabrom and Fomaspeed for normal development and Fomatone for Lith).

K-G
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    For me ADOX MCC 110 is now my standard paper, but Ilford MGWT is also an excelent choice. For the right type of negatives that don't require extrem contrast manipulation , ILFORD Galerie paper in grades 2 and 3 is absolutely outstanding.

Karl-Gustaf
    Karl-Gustaf Hellqvist

www.heliochroma.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by darkosaric View Post
    My Favorite was Fotokemika Emaks, but now my Favorites are Foma papers (Fomabrom and Fomaspeed for normal development and Fomatone for Lith).
    EMAKS was also my favorite after the previous Oriental WT emulsion ended production and Berger WT was no longer available. Now I print mostly with Galerie graded and Ilford WT fiber. Galerie has clean whites and deep blacks. The tonal scale is long. The untoned print color is slight left of neutral with high image sharpness. You must match negatives to the paper and learn some tricks to alter contrast. Not for everyone but arguably the best.
    Last edited by Richard Jepsen; 07-29-2013 at 07:59 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    RJ

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I do really like Ilford's new ART300 for certain images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin