Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,952   Posts: 1,522,734   Online: 872

Shooter
    Large Format

bleach and re expose b/w paper

I'm sure I read somewhere about bleach and re expose paper
    (Note I do not mean bleach and re develop )
    but I guess its a similar process

I would like to do first exposure then bleach away most of it and re expose a second negative to do a montage

I know I can do this before developing the paper but thats not the way I want to do it

Anybody heard of this technique

thanks

robin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have heard of this before.

You must use a rehalogenizing bleach. It is basically Potassium Ferricyanide and Sodium or Potassium Bromide. It can be done 2 ways. One is prior to the fix so that you can re-expose the entire paper (gives uneven results), and one that is done after the fix which gives an image based on a combination of both images.

You can re-develop or you can just expose for long times to get a brown image.

So, it can be done, but has never become really popular due to the problems of unevenness but done right you can get some interesting combinations.

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    thanks PE

so the same bleach I use for bleach and re develop
    why did I not think of that

robin

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin