Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,840   Online: 991

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Konica IR and Pyrocat?

Anyone ever use this combination? I was recently gifted with some rolls of the Konica and was wondering what if any recommendations folks had for shooting/processing this film. It's been close to 20 years since I last used it and I completely forget what developer I used when I shot it last (I suspect it was either Edwal TG7 or Rodinal). Rodinal is fine as an option - I have a bunch of it, but if anyone has any recommendations/experience of using staining developers with it, that would be terrific.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A year or two ago I acquired some Konica IR film that had expired back around '93. I developed mine in D76, so that may not help you. I seem to recall the developing times was around 12 or 13 minutes. Some of the rolls came out nicely; others... not so much. I still have a couple rolls in the freezer I hope to shoot eventually.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    1/4s at 16 with an 89b filter. Sometimes I bracket but the 1/4 sec exp is usually the keeper.
    I process mine in PMK, but that's not going to be of much help to you.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Give me your times anyway- I can use them to extrapolate a starting point. Or I might just semi-stand it and let it stew for 45 minutes

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It would be great to learn about the keeping qualities of that film. Specially regarding spectral sensitivity.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The last three images in my gallery are on Konica that expired in 1995 (grain bin, flag and overpass). Those were from a darkroom estate sale, and according to the wife they were kept frozen. So, it appears to me that the stuff keeps pretty well . . .in the freezer.

Those were developed in PMK too, and I would be happy to give you the times but my darkroom is in deep storage.

I made the mistake of shooting frivolously, assuming the film would not be of any value. If you have several rolls, it will be worth blowing one on a test.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The oldest konica 750 I have expired in 1990 and has a bit of base fog but prints just fine. I sold about 300 rolls, gave some away a couple years ago, and have only heard good things regarding the results. 9 minutes in pmk, using a jobo speed 4. I print with a dichroic head. My August print special is an 11x14 from Zion National Park. Should be live on my website in a day or two if you wanna see the results.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin