Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,500   Posts: 1,543,323   Online: 904

Agfa MCC Semi-matte

I found a paper review from a back issue of Phot Techniques which states that Agfa Multigrade Classic FB SEMI-MATTE is on the same BUFF-CREAM base as the old Portriga Rapid. Can anyone shed light on this as it does not sound right to me
    I have been looking for a cream base to replace Polymac C
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know if it's the same as the old Portriga Rapid - I've never used that paper. Both the Agfa MCC glossy and semi-matte papers have an off white, buff-cream base compared to some other papers I've used. It's very nice stuff and the semi matte is especially nice for portraits. It tones very well in selenium and sepia as well. It's well worth a try.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Agfa MCC is an awesome paper, the base is a bit off-white so it has a "warmer" look than the rest.

It tones wonderful in selenium, and viradon (what I have tried)
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The MCC papers are great!

I'm sorry to say that I don't remember what the older papers looked like... I remember using them, but not comparing...

I do find that the 111 surface (glossy) and the 118 (fine grained matt) have different base colours.

While the 111 is close to white without brighteners and no cool cast, the 118 surface is more towards buff/antique/off white.

joe

Shooter
    35mm
    I've used the Afga MCC in both Matte and glossy great stuff. Give it a try its very nice, and price is good as well

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another vote for the MCCs. Having just tried their FB I'd fully recommend their papers. Their FB in my opinion is more off white than cream and beats the pants off the Ilford FB.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Hi Mark

This is a nice paper, for sure, I have had problems in the past with greyed out paper on more than one occasion which has kept me from using this nice paper more.
    I would try to make sure this product has not been sitting on a shelf for a long time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob, AGFA papers changed the appearance of the box a few months back, the boxes are redder and have pictures in the front. I guess that would be an indicative of the new batch

PS. AGFA's website says that they have added an expiration date to the paper boxes
    http://agfaphoto.com/en-GB/professio...sic/index.html
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dates on paper boxes !!!!!! Some of my Agfa papers are over 10 years old and still printing well.
    I keep all of my papers near to the floor, coolest spot, this helps me.
    Barrie B.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin