Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,413   Online: 1026

Shooter
    Multi Format

continuous agitation and irregular developement

Here is the crop of a shot showing the problem:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sc.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	228.4 KB 
ID:	72376

Film: EK 5222 (double XX) @250
    Developer: TD-201 Two-Bath (Anchell & Troop)
    Time: 3 mn. A + 3 mn. B, Continuous agitation (manual)
    Temperature: 23C°
    Tank Paterson 3-reels
    scan: Epson V750
    Contrast is exagerated with photoshop.

So, what hapened ?
    --there are strong irregularities on the left (much less on the right !)
    -- there is a kind of dark vertical line (underdeveloped ?) in the center.

I develop film since 1976 and never get that. The only difference with my usual practice is that agitation was continuous (which is said to be the best way to avoid irregularities).
    Last edited by Harold33; 08-02-2013 at 09:42 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: misprints

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You do not use continuous agitation with a two bath developer. Usually one gentle inversion every minute is sufficient. Follow A & T's directions for this developer. The problem should go away.
    Last edited by Gerald C Koch; 08-02-2013 at 10:17 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Continuous how? Did you put the tank on its side and roll it on a flat surface? Did you put it on some kind of roller base? Did you attach an electric drill to the Patterson twisting thingy? I do all my film using continuous agitation, and have used multiple methods, and have never seen anything like that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrybro View Post
    Continuous how?
    I roll the tank on a flat surface and make an gentle inversion every 30s. I never saw anything like that too. There is obviously something wrong with this kind of agitation, but I don't understand what and why it causes problems in the center AND on the left side only.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin