Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,908   Posts: 1,584,620   Online: 854

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Foma 131 calibration Analyser Pro

If anyone is interested, spent this morning calibrating my analyser for Foma 131 and got the following results:-

Enlarger is Vivitar V1 using "Kodak" filter settings from RHD calibration manual

00 : +24 : 195
    0 : +20 : 165
    1 : +16 : 150
    2 : +12 : 135
    3 : +8 : 120
    4 : -4 : 105
    5 : -12 : 90 - grade 5 contrast extrapolated because didn't get dmax

test strips matched by eye against the test card, not by densitometer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for posting this. Though I don't have any 131, I have just calibrated fomabrom variant 111 in ilford warmtone developer. I'll post my settings at some point for various papers to see if my settings are of any use to anyone else. I use ilford multigrade filters, so our settings probably won't be of any use to each other.

What developer did you use, and what was the dilution and development time?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Actually, I think posting settings for papers as you calibrate is really helpful to other people as a starting point. As you know calibration is a bit of a PITA to do, and if you use others' settings and you get good results, it works for me.

I have a set of ilford filters and have tried a couple of tests and think the filter settings I use on the V1 are extremely close (like I couldn't see any difference in my unscientific back-to-back tests). Developer was ilford multigrade at standard 1:9 to completion.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks. Gives me a starting point which can be fine tuned for my condenser head.

Shooter
    35mm

Foma 111

Does anyone have calibration settings for foma variant 111 for the Analyser pro?. Any ideas appreciated.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bump.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin