Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,969   Posts: 1,558,551   Online: 1040

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Last year of High School...

Kodak Instamatic
    Kodak print film
    a photo lab, probably 'Rabbit Foto'

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodachrome, baby...

Nothing like it before, during, or after. When Kodachrome died, the heart and soul Kodak died with it.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nikon FM2
    Kodak color print films. If I remember correctly, trying a couple of rolls of a new 1000 speed film?
    Some Kodak slide film and some black and white.
    Walgreens for processing and printing.

DF

Minolta X-700 & Kodachrome 25, Bogen tripod (3020?)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Kodachrome, baby...

Nothing like it before, during, or after. When Kodachrome died, the heart and soul Kodak died with it.

Ken
    amen

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    (1) Top most-used camera? Gowland PocketView 4x5 with a Caltar IIN 150/5.6
    (2) Top most-used film? TMax100
    (3) Top most-used paper? Agfa Portriga Rapid (111) and Ilford Gallerie (glossy)
    (4) B&W enlarger, color enlarger, other printing equipment? BW -- Omega D5XL, with 135mm lens
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was taking photography classes at the university around 1988.

Canon T90
    Tokina 80-200 f2.8 ATX
    some miscellaneous wide angle zoom
    pair of 300TL flashes plus Quantum batteries
    Domke F1X bag
    TMax 100
    Lloyds Lloader
    College lab supplied the chems. Paper I got at the U Bookstore, though I don't remember what it was. I was doing all my own B&W; color was done by Jet Color Labs in north Seattle.

Also an FTb landed in my lap about that time, with three ancient primes... 28, 50, and 135, I think. Didn't use them much, though.

Today I have (among others) three T90s in current use, plus a bagful of primes. I have a Tokina 80-200 f2.8 ATX, but I think it's a Minolta MD mount. Don't have the Quantum batteries, still have the Domke bag. My most-used films during the summer months are Ilford FP4+ and Portra 160. When it starts getting dark and/or cloudy I switch to TMax 400 and Portra 400. My most-used slide film is E100GX in 120.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    35mm
    Nikon FM and FE
    Tri-X and Kodachrome 64
    Kodak RC something
    Durst F30
    Good times.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    1. Nikon F2AS, Nikon F2A and a pair of Nikon F3HPs for 35mm shooting. A 500C/M with a 50, 80 and 150 for medium format work.
    2. Kodachrome 25 and 64for all my colour work, Kodak Tri-x, Ilford PanF and HP5 for black and white.
    3. Kodak paper (Polycontrast?)
    4. An Omega D2.

So...beyond updating my 35mm bodies, adding in a Leica rangefinder system, and accumulating a lot more lenses (in both 35mm format and 120), I have made only minor changes (Ilford for all my paper and the lion's share of film and chemistry, and Ektachrome for almost all my colour work) to my photography (if the tragic loss of Kodachrome can be deemed minor).
    Last edited by BradleyK; 08-05-2013 at 01:45 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skystrick View Post
    Okay, back in 1988, what were you using for:
    (1) Top most-used camera?
    Pentax K1000 SE. This was my only camera for many, many years. Still own it.
    (2) Top most-used film?
    Kodachrome, Kodachrome and more Kodachrome.
    Occasionally I would shoot some Kodacolor.
    Once in awhile I would shoot some TriX but I really did not get into black & white until about 8 years ago.
    (3) Top most-used paper?
    (4) B&W enlarger, color enlarger, other printing equipment?
    I really didn't start printing or developing my own film until just a few years ago when it started to get very difficult to get film developed and printed locally.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin