Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,975   Online: 732

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I was 13 years old, shooting with the Olympus OM-G that my dad bought me for my 11th birthday. I had a 50mm f1.8 and a 28mm f2.8 lens, both Olympus Zuiko lenses. I had never used black and white film or done my own processing, that would have to wait till I took photography in high school a few years later. I shot Kodak's amateur color neg films. I think it was Kodacolor VR-G, usually in 100 speed. Got it processed by a local lab.

I don't have the camera anymore. It was broken in a car accident when I was 16. Totaled my car, too. Replaced the camera with an Olympus OM-4T
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

K-G
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    1. Hasselblad 500 CM ( same as today ) , Nikkormat FT and Rollei 35 S .
    2. Tri-X professional in 220 size and Kodachrome 64.
    3. Agfa Brovira and Ilford Ilfobrom.
    4. An old Durst in a fotoclub darkroom. I Think it was called M 60.

The Hasselblad is still running but the Nikkormat and the Rollei have both left active service.
    The Nikkormat has been replaced with a Nikon F3 and an FM2n.
    The Rollei 35 S has been replaced with a 35 T. Besides that a Leica MP has also entered the gang and they all seem to get along quite good.
    Today I also have my own darkroom with three enlargers. I use mainly ADOX MCC 110 , Ilford MGWT and Ilford Galerie paper.
    When it comes to film I do very litle colour photogrophy today and for the black and White I have almost completely switched to Ilford.
    Things are changing, but even if I miss 220 black and white film and Kodachrome I still Think my situation has improved.

Karl-Gustaf
    Karl-Gustaf Hellqvist

www.heliochroma.com

Shooter
    35mm
    In 1988 I was 15, our family had a 110 camera for the annual holiday to Cornwall and I guess one or two rolls per year were shot, film/processing was a luxury for our family. I had a paper round earning £5 per week which I used to pay for off a HP on a bike.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It was my first year in art school...

I mostly used a Sinar F 4X5 with Agfapan 100 (@ 50, ID11 1+3) and printed on my all-time favourite paper, Agfa Record-Rapid...

Before that, I used my Canon A-1 and shot lots of slide film, as well as some B&W...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For 1988 this:

1) IIRC a 1959 nikon F
    2) Kodachrome 64
    3) Whatever the lab returned, or for BW, ilford/agfa/valca depending on offers
    4) by then I just moved across countries and I bought a cheap & unknow secondhand enlarger which was slightly wobbly, at that time most were slides.
    Luis Miguel Castañeda Navas
    http://imaginarymagnitude.net/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    1) Left high school 2 years earlier - 18th birthday present a very, slightly used AE1-Program Black body and 50mm lens.
    2) Agfapan 100 & Agfachrome 50
    3) Agfa Brovira
    4) LPL 66II

Built a wonderful kit around that body - traded it in in the early 90s got same $$$ for it as when I purchased. An old F1 and A1 were then in my bag until d*****l was the requirement for work in the early 00s. Miss the 300 f2.8 enormously, but I'd moved away from sports photography so it was crazy to purchase an EF version.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wista 45DX
    150m Sironar N
    90mm f6.8 Grandagon
    65m f8 Super Angulon

Still using the same kit 25 years later

Leica M3 50mm Summicron

1988 - Agfa AP(X)100 (5x4 & 35mm) & AP(X)25 120 Agfa Record Rapid paper

Now though after APX100 disappeared - Delta 100 (5x4 & 120), Delta 400 (120) & HP5 (%x4), I did use Tmax for some years until it became unailable where I was living. After Record Rapid disapperaed I used Agfa MCC, now I use Forte Polywarmtone (still have some left).

I no longer use the Leica instead I use a Yashicamat124 (Turkey) or Rolleiflex E2 or Automat (UK).

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nikon F3HP
    Plus-X
    Kodak Kodabromide Paper
    Beseler 45M w color head
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A Nikon F3 which I still have
    Didn't do a lot of B&W at the time because of #4, but my preferred film was Plus-X
    Agfa Brovira
    No darkroom at the time, though I owned a Beseler 4x5 (which I still have, and which I still do not use, though I do have a DR and another 4x5 enlarger now).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My 1st year at college I think so my own stuff apart from the enlarger (how times have changed there students dont need any of their own kit!)

1) Olympus OM10 or Rolliecord
    2) Ilford Pan F
    3) Ilford MGRC/Agfa Protriga Rapid FB
    4) Beseler (No idea which but very like the 45 MXT)

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin