Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,377   Online: 764

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast
    joh

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    1) Nikon FM2 (n) ...still in use
    2) Ilford HP5
    3) Ilford Multigrade II
    4) Beseler 23 C

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Kodachrome in a Kodak Instamatic. Probably some Agfa or Kodak color negative film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In 1988 I was a couple of years into starting a new law practice - no time for photography!

1) my cameras were almost unused, but they were an OM2s and a Mamiya C330;
    2) 35mm Kodacolour in its most basic version, for the few lab processed shots I took. May have been a couple of rolls of Kodachrome 64 in there as well;
    3) Whatever the current Kodak colour paper was - I made sure that the labs I used were Kodak labs. ABC Photo most likely;
    4) My Beseler 67C enlarger was in storage at my parents' home - it was calling across the water to me though.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nikon F 3 J
    Tri X
    Kodachrome 64
    Kodak Color Negative for MF and LF
    Last of the Agfa Bravia grade 2 - 4
    Polycontrast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh well, in 1988 I was an 11 years old boy living in a rather small town in communist Romania. It was about that time that my father bought me my first camera - a Fed 5 sporting a 50mm industar 61, that I still own. I was using mostly ORWO and Romanian Azomures films. I have no idea how they compared against their western counterparts, but they did the trick for the kid I was. My father also taught me how to process films and print. I still remember the red azomures paper envelopes and the stripped orwo cartboard boxes my father stored in a drawer in his reading room. As regards the enlarger, it was a fairly basic Meopta model from the 70's that my mother accidentally broke a year or two later, so nothing is left of it, except for the lens.

Camera(s): Rolleiflex 2.8C (still own and use) Canon F1 + selection of lenses, still own and use but not much these days, Wista 4x5 field camera. Bought a Zone VI camera in 1990, but I still have the lenses I bought in 1980.
    Main film then was Tri-X, HC-110, and various chrome and color neg films. (I was in photo school at the time, and T-Max had just come on the market. New films seemed to show up all the time, and I was trying them all.)

Paper then: Original Zone VI Brilliant, now long gone. Now I use that dry stuff that goes in the big plastic printer-thingys that hook up to my computer. Film and paper now are almost all Ilford for my limited wet-work.

Enlarger: Beseler then, Beseler now, although I did replace my original with a much newer, less abused model.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Back in the 80's (1982?) I bought my first camera 2nd hand from a friend: a Yashica FX3. It developed film transport problems in 1985, so I couldn't use it anymore (but still have this camera). I mostly used Fuji color film - sometimes a B&W film - and had it developed in a local lab. Later (1988?) I was given my first Nikon by my aunt, who bought a new Canon herself. It was a black Nikon EL2 with a 35, 50 and 105 mm lens. This was my only camera until 2001, when I bought a Nikon D1X, a F4s and a F5. 2001 was the year I took up photography seriously. I still use the EL2 and had it CLA'd a few years ago.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    35mm
    My go everywhere with me camera at that time was an Olympus XA.

Shooter
    35mm
    1. Miranda G and Sensorex with 28,50 and 135mm lenses.
    2. Ilford FP4 (and various colour negative/reversal films).
    3. Ilfobrom Galerie grade 3.
    4. Gnome Universal with Wray Supar 50mm (2 inch) lens.
    I got married in August '88, and am about to celebrate 25 year Anniversary. Alex.

Shooter
    35mm
    I was just getting ready to start college that year. I had a point and shoot 35mm camera and was using York brand film. My X-15F instamatic was getting less use those days because film was starting to be harder to find along with the flip flash thingies.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin