Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,914   Posts: 1,521,752   Online: 1064

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Personal:
    Nikon F2 phot.
    Cambo 4 x 5
    Business:
    7 or 8 cameras, camera enlargers from 6 x 6 (cm) up to 36" x 54", enlargements up to 6.5' x 16". Can remember using 30" x 40" PlusX pan. Ortho films up to 72" width
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    1988 I purchased my second Pentax K1000 body, a 55mm lens for my Pentax 6X7 and I believe I bought the metered pentaprism (although it could have been 1989) for the 6X7. I had just started working as the black and white printer at a custom photo lab. I would buy my own paper and process my film and use the darkroom to print my work on my own time. It was great for a while, but I worked there too long. I think printing in a darkroom for 40 hours a week for years killed my enthusiasm for photography. Luckily, I got bitten again by the photography bug a few years ago.

I used a lot of types of film but my favorite at the time was 120/220 Plus-X processed in Rodinal.

Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was too young to really have my own equipment so I was using my father's stuff:

1) Leica R3/R4
    2) FP4/D-76 mostly, but also experimented with a few different developers and HC-110 because of Ansel
    3) Mostly Kodak paper but liked trying different things (Brovira, Oriental Seagull), Dektol
    4) Omega B-66

Most of the accessories I currently use (tanks, reels, timers, safelights, trays, graduates, etc.) are the same ones I used back then, and they weren't new in 1988 either as my father bought most of the stuff in the early 70s. I can't believe 40 years later my Kindermann tanks are still like new, the gra-lab keeps perfect time, and I'm still using the same Kodak safelight (new filters obviously)!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    1988 was the year my first daughter was born. Would have been shooting my K1000, mostly using Ektachrome.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by OzJohn View Post
    Terrific to see that this forum can still unearth the really big issues.
    Happy to see that there is another APUGer who finds this type of post rather pointless. I don't care what equipment people used in 1988. Surely there must be other more interesting things. For example I was just listening to an interview with John Garrett, a Florida based photographer. He has been taking pictures of Greek sculptures and printing them on aluminum sheets. The photos will be displayed at the National Archeological Museum in Athens. One photo is 8x10 feet in size! Afterwards some of the photos will be on display at the Greek consulate in New York City.
    Last edited by Gerald C Koch; 08-06-2013 at 09:41 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The "camera" was a point-and-shoot. I think Yashica, that Dad got.

Shooter
    35mm
    In 1988 I was shooting HP5 and FP4 developed in Microphen. I was shooting an F-1n and a pair of FTbs. I still use the F-1n once in a while. The FTbs were sold last month.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    Happy to see that there is another APUGer who finds this type of post rather pointless. I don't care what equipment people used in 1988. Surely there must be other more interesting things. For example I was just listening to an interview with John Garrett, a Florida based photographer. He has been taking pictures of Greek sculptures and printing them on aluminum sheets. The photos will be displayed at the National Archeological Museum in Athens. One photo is 8x10 feet in size! Afterwards some of the photos will be on display at the Greek consulate in New York City.
    The point is to make people recall some pleasant memories... sometimes I find sharing them is a nice thing to do...

Funny that I haven't read anything about the upcoming exhibition in Athens. I will check with the National Archeological Museum in order to find the dates the thing will start and will try to be there at the opening (if it's not invitation-only). Sounds interesting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was just walking and barely talking in 1988.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    (1) Praktica MTL-3
    (2) Orwo and Azopan
    (3) Orwo B&W paper
    (4) Krokus 4 B&W enlarger with 2 lenses
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin