Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,688   Posts: 1,482,356   Online: 769

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by George Papantoniou View Post
    Funny that I haven't read anything about the upcoming exhibition in Athens. I will check with the National Archeological Museum in order to find the dates the thing will start and will try to be there at the opening (if it's not invitation-only). Sounds interesting.
    I looked briefly on the net for information but found nothing about the exhibit. I have a feeling that the show has not been set up yet. If you find out anything more I am sure that APUG readers will be interested. Your impressions of the show would also be an interesting post.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    35mm
    I had 3 Pentax ME supers with 1 having a motor drive. Typically 1 loaded with Ektachrome 100 and 1 with 800. The 3rd would have B&W tri x. I did my own E6 and slide mounting and used my Durst M601 for the B&W. I also had a Minolta Autocord, Yashica D and Mat. I still have all of it except the Minolta Autocord.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I started photography in 1988. My first camera was a found Minolta 7000AF with a 35-70 zoom. I was hooked right away and upgraded to a Canon T-90 and Canon F1N, Olympic (Lake Placid) edition.
    My most used films were Tri-X and HP5.

Shooter
    127 Format
    No one has to read or contribute to the thread if they are not interested.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Or they can freely start their own thread, chock-a-block full of riveting interest.

In 1988, I was shooting a Canon A-1, with the motor drive. Used the high speed setting to get my five year old son jumping into a swimming pool. Thought I was oh, so cool. Burned half a roll of film on one jump. (He hesitated. :-)

Bought my first Rolleicord around then, and my first medium format folder.

Film... For the Canon is Kodachrome 64. I did not like the look of negative prints.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    35mm
    hard to think back, but it was proably a low point for Photography, I had just spent half a year on a contact where my job involved shooting 16,000 shots a day of documents on an automated system using a Kodak MRD-2 Camera Head on Kodak Datacapture Microfilm. processing done by a secure lab so I never saw the results, just got general feedback...

What little I did for myself at that time was mostly on Movie Negative short ends sent away for slides on MP print film. (the old get a free roll with every roll processed.)
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Heh, in 1988 I was 6, I was using a 110 "spy" camera I got at the arcade with my tickets from skeet ball shooting, with Kodak 110 color film, no idea what type...

And now you feel old and I feel silly I don't have a better story... Didn't get my Canon AE-1 SLR till I was 12, the fall of 1994

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    Hah, I was using a Canon A-1 bought new in 1984 and a T90 purchased in 1987. Still using both of them along with an AE-1, F1-N and an EF.
    Black and white film in those days was Tri-X, FP4 and the comparatively new fangled TMax films. All bought in bulk and reloaded.
    Not much has changed film wise since then. Loads more genuine FD lenses after selling off some third party gear.

Images
    1) Pentax 6x7
    2) Agfapan 100
    3) Rodinal
    4) Oriental Seagull toned lightly in selenium

No experimenting with a million different films/papers/developers. I settled on that combo, or the same in 35mm, and never changed. That is, not until numbers 2 and 4 went away for good. Everything I do today, digitally, aspires to that look and that simplicity of technique.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yashica MG-1
    Kodacolor (I shot Kodachrome and Ektachrome until 1982)

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin