Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,846   Posts: 1,582,753   Online: 901

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Lethal?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    so there's really nothing I could drink or eat in the photographic world that would have me dead before I hit the ground?
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Frizza View Post
    so there's really nothing I could drink or eat in the photographic world that would have me dead before I hit the ground?
    Would you want to? (Since you write in the first person).

In reality, there are few such chemicals, period. Those are almost all neurotoxins, and no photographic chemicals fall into that category, AFAIK. Even cyanide causes several minutes of agony - the almost instant expiration you'll see in spy movies etc is nonsense.

There are photographic chemicals that are certainly toxic enough to be the bridge to the eternal, but the trip across in most cases will be long, bumpy and unpleasant.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    ok i know this is going outside the perameters a little...Instead of ingestion, what would be most lethal to inject?
    Last edited by Stephen Frizza; 08-08-2013 at 08:33 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ok i know this is going outside the pentameters a little...Instead of ingestion, what would be most lethal to inject?
    Are you alright? Did you just get diagnosed with a terminal illness and don't want to linger? Or...........?????? Are you looking for a new high? Or are you looking for away to get rid of somebody else? Not getting along with the wife maybe? Hate your boss? Trying to shake a mistress?
    I saw guys when I was in the military (late 60's) that would ingest rat poison to get high. I ask one of them how much they took and they said a tablespoonful would do the trick. Never tried it and don't plan to either. Oh, I came into the barracks one night and about five of them were sitting in a circle using a syringe to shoot wine into their veins for a quicker buzz. Then we had the occasional glue sniffer too. I never did any of that insane stuff as I was straight and narrow. I only drank and smoke pot. Now I'm to old for that kind of stuff and my morning prune juice is my "new" buzz.

Shooter
    35mm
    ok i know this is going outside the pentameters a little...Instead of ingestion, what would be most lethal to inject?
    Is there something going on in your personal life? What is this sudden fascination with trying to off yourself? Or are you trying to off somebody else?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It would be incredibly painful, but if you want something lethal to inject, try air. A syringe full of just plain air, injected, will kill you.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Gotta be a decent sized syringe to cause an embolism though. People on drips regularly get about 1-2cc of air while the plumbing clears and it's harmless. Freaked me out (thought I was gonna die) but the nurse told me it'll be fine and I seem to still be here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mostly the same story as ingestion. Most developing agents and other photographic compounds will kill you if the dose is sufficient. How fast depends on the compound and the dose. As Gerald pointed out earlier, the dose makes the poison.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Okay Stephen, we all feel despondent about Provia 400X and Neopan 400 going away, but there are alternatives .

I think you will find your answer in veterinary medicine. It is not the sort of thing one should try on humans (except for a few states in the US that do, of course).

And just so you know: If we hear about some unfortunate bloke who was unwittingly injected with a lethal photographic substance, we are not necessarily going to keep quiet!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    Mostly the same story as ingestion. Most developing agents and other photographic compounds will kill you if the dose is sufficient. How fast depends on the compound and the dose. As Gerald pointed out earlier, the dose makes the poison.
    Eat enough tomatoes and they'll kill you too... or table salt, or even water. But other than neurotoxins or bullets, nothing is going to drop you where you stand. Even neurotoxins would have to be administered in a pretty high dose to kill you in seconds.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin