Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,463   Online: 1107

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Hello John,

Nice to know You are fine. 2470 is documenting the pictures , it is ortho , if it is cheaper , why not ? I think my fathers Parkinson has a effect on me , I am forgeting everything , I spoke with an gentleman and he said it is possible to cut 4 rolls of sub mini film from one 35mm roll. I think You are right John , it must be left to the people loves to experiment.

Take care,

Umut

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Terminology:

"Miniature Film" refers to small formats used for pictorial photography. In the past it was used for 35mm and smaller. Today for 16mm and smaller.
    The emulsions are the same as for larger formats.
    This term thus only refers to the size of the film.

"Microfilm" refers to extreme small scale of the image with reference to the needed enlargement.
    It uses special emulsions. Often not continous-tone.
    The size of the film is of lesser importance.

Important research labs for continuous-tone applications of this films in the past have been Gigabitfilm and SPUR.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Speaking of Minox...They haven't supplied film to the US in almost a year.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Agfa never had a "miniature format film factory." All their films whatever the size were cut from large rolls which were something like 30 ft in width.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It might surprise people but the term miniature film also covered 127 andn 120 at one time. Later when 35mm became the predominant format after WWII the term began to be used only for sub 35mm formats.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    Speaking of Minox...They haven't supplied film to the US in almost a year.
    Their website indicates that they will be supplying again in the autumn, but it's not clear if this includes mail order to US:-

http://www.payworxx.de/minox/index.p...c34_Films.html

Shooter
    35mm
    Agfa Gevert still makes various Polyester based films in Belgium. One line is the COPEX microfilm, that they are now selling through Eastman Micro-graphics under Kodak's Former Imagelink brand., (I guess the order size was too small these days for Building 38 to handle.)

http://www.agfa.com/sp/global/en/int...ions/index.jsp
    shows most of the various film based products. Many of the MACO films are re-purposed Ariel Camera Films.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't think it is a matter of size. Agfa even has more production capacity than Kodak.
    I guess it is rather a matter of future perspective. Having a company that is in bancrupsy as single supplier is not the best idea with a equivalent competitor at hand.

AJH

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    We have sold such a product for many years based on Agfas Copex Rapid, but then sales declined and Minox´s MOQ for a custom manufacturing were unachievable. The results were amazing for Minox and are unmatched until today.

Mirko
    What is the Minimum Order Quantity? It can't be thousands or so?
    Is seems they are not meeting it themselves either as there has been no production of anything for times.

AJH

Shooter
    35mm
    factory rolls of 30ft? That would be 9-10 meter It is not rolls of steel sheets.
    Last edited by AJH; 08-13-2013 at 05:11 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin