Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,495   Posts: 1,543,020   Online: 760

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I eagerly await the CHS II so I visit the Adox site daily. The information on the Adox Pan 400 was there last week. Not taken down in 2012.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mirko from Adox may state one thing and put something seemingly contrary on the same site.

EDIT:
    The text by Adox in the link given in the next post is not even contrary.
    Only giving another reason why not running a full-scale production of Adox Pan 400.
    Last edited by AgX; 08-12-2013 at 12:26 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesper View Post
    I eagerly await the CHS II so I visit the Adox site daily. The information on the Adox Pan 400 was there last week. Not taken down in 2012.
    It still is: http://www.adox.de/english/ADOX%20Fi...00/PAN400.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Interesting. If you use the direct link the Pan 400 is still there but if you load a fresh page and choose film there is no premium line any more just a list of films sans Adox Pan 400.
    I don't know why it disappeared but it just happened.
    As long as there is Silvermax and CHS II in LF I'm happy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You are right, I've googled it. Strange.

Shooter
    35mm
    Looks like they have just left off the "Premium" level sub-directory during a simplification-and-refresh of the sidebar menu. The main thing is that CHS-II is due to be released in the next quarter.

Pity about the prototype Adox 400 emulsion, but it looks as though Harman have that area sewn up in the short term - which is not a bad thing, as at least it is newly produced material providing real turnover for a current manufacturer, instead of the ten year old frozen film that was undercutting the lower speed ranges until recently.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll tell you this though, if I didn't already have more than enough original APX100 to hold me over, I'd be on the hunt for the original APX100 Lupus has been offering. That being said, I do think there is still room for ADOX Pan 400 as both APX100 and APX400 are not duplicated by any existing 400 speed film. None of the APX line is and the closest I've seen is TMY2 giving similar mid-tone tonality, but APX has always had it's own thing going on due to how they tuned the sensitometry.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

It's a shame about Adox Pan 400. I tried a roll of the pre-production trial coating and I really liked it, good tones and balance, and was looking forward to full production especially in medium format; I still have a roll of that run but it may be too aged now. Waiting for CHS II but I see that Fotoimpex still have stock of their German produced version of CHS 100 in 120 format in stock.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That german produced CHS 100 film is the late EFKE Version, re-checked and spooled as type 120 in the Adox plant for better spooling quality.
    Last edited by AgX; 08-13-2013 at 01:53 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    I got some of the "New Emulsion" APX400 today from B&H in New York. AS expected the only thing that looked familiar is the name.

The new film DOES seem to be Pakaged in The UK, by the one known supplier. The central type number in the bar code on the cassette is one digit different than the code from Kentmere 400, and the film was provided in an all Black Can (or Tub) identical to those used for ILFORD hp5, Kentmere 400 and ILFORD Pan 400.

The box was also cut in the same shape as those used by Harmon.

AS I say, I have just received the film and so I have not run any tests yet. The actual film may have been coated anywhere. at US 6.29 a roll it is considerably more expensive than Ilford HP5 (US $4.75) or even Kentmere 400 (If it still exists) at US $3.50 so I doubt that I would be adding it to my film cupboard on an ongoing basis unless folks report Supernatural results. It may be cheaper in some markets.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin