Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,935   Posts: 1,557,041   Online: 1254

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    RC paper used to be thicker, but economic factors cause it to lose weight!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    RC paper used to be thicker, but economic factors cause it to lose weight!

PE
    I can hardly understand that. Wiki say that polyethylene is the most common plastic with the annual production of 80 million metric tons.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    That's just on the surface. The weight is due to the paper thickness, not the coating.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Surface and back. Are you saying these two layers can't be made thicker?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why not just dry mount a museum board on keeper prints if thickness bothers you? Up to 11x14, RC thickness does not bother me. I wish 16x20 could be a little thicker.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    When RC papers came out, they were labeled "medium weight". Fiber papers generally came in single and double weight and the RC was somewhere in the middle thickness-wise. Today's fiber papers are essentially the old double weight thickness. I haven't seen single weight paper in decades. Others may know of some.

If you think RC paper is thin, you'd hate the old single weight papers. Find some old prints from up through the 1960s - even old family snapshots. That's probably single weight paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    tkamiya, that's not really a solution for me as I have many keepers and I like having prints in my hands.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    If you think RC paper is thin, you'd hate the old single weight papers. Find some old prints from up through the 1960s - even old family snapshots. That's probably single weight paper.
    I'm not that young, you know I still remember printing on AGFA MCC 1 - a single weight variant of the more popular 111 version. Funnily enough, I like SW FB prints.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like Portfolio a lot, but for contact sheets I want something thinner to save space in the neg binders. I'd use single weight if it still existed. Last time I saw it was POP paper and Azo. Single weight was great for paper negatives.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Since there are obviously many portfolio users among us, I'm still interested in the new version of the paper - I read that that there is a slight ripple to the emulsion on 1M. Anyone want to comment?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin