Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,506   Online: 863

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    in the case of stop, if this happens again, it's best to quickly wash the film and develop ASAP while the emulsion is still wet.
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmmm. I was at that decision point, to do it now or quit and ask APUG and do it later. I just made the wrong choice.
    A politician is a man who will double cross that bridge when he comes to it.

Oscar Levant

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    To help aviod this happening again, why not colour code your chemical containers (photographer - visual recognition). Dev = blue (alkali), Stop = yellow (indicator stop bath), Fix = red (acidic).

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Clive, that's a good idea. They are already clearly labeled in large letters on both the jug and cap and are sitting left-to-right in the order they should be used. Apparently even this isn't enough to keep me from screwing up.
    A politician is a man who will double cross that bridge when he comes to it.

Oscar Levant

Shooter
    35mm
    The colour coding is ok, but then one (anyone, everyone, not the OP) has a brain-fart and chooses the wrong colour. I go for numbers on everything 1, 2, 3 etc. and then set the containers out in the right order and use them according to the usual numerical order.

Timing is taken care of by an Android app, which also beeps for agitation, and a backup kitchen-timer for the developer time. Fixer is tested for clearing-time before every run, then timed appropriately.

The critical point then comes with placing the correct chemical in each numbered container, but at least that can be done in a leisurely way, with extra time to check! However, three stages for black-and-white film should be simple enough almost every time (and I have now jinxed myself...).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin