Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,489   Posts: 1,542,940   Online: 880

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Depending on their size, they merely look like random hairs/dust/schmaltz on the film. If you aren't using distilled or filtered water to mix your chemicals and to do your final wash, it'll help to rid your film of that kind of stuff.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Do you see these with a loupe? Are these details of enlarger prints? I'm wondering if they might be scanner dust. I've seen weird edge effects with stand but none like this. I wouldn't rule it out however. I agree with Gerald on stand. It can be risky.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    It is not a "myth/legend" but a well established fact. This caveat applies to ALL developers.

From the photo it appears to be something on the film and not an artifact caused by edge effects.

For the umpteenth time may I say that semi-stand and stand development were never intended as a general purpose developing technique. They are intended for tonal compression of contrasty subjects. Any book on the zone system will make this point perfectly clear.
    That is why I suggested as 3.5 ml doesn't quite make the minimum as well as getting uneven development with semi or stand developing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin