Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,113   Online: 810

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Silvermax film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    We manufactured a stach of state of the art 35mm film on 35mm base intended for Super8 and 35mm.
    Mirko, can you comment on the advantages of the Silvermax developer over other developers?

Thanks,

Tony

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Mirko, can you comment on the advantages of the Silvermax developer over other developers?
    Here´s a quick extract of the product page taken from www.adox.de:

ADOX SILVERMAX Developer

SILVERMAX developer has ben especially formulated for the SILVERMAX 21 film.
    It is activating the silent reserve sleeping in each SILVERMAX 21 film by expanding the photographic capabilities of the film.
    The DMAX is reduced and the curve extended. Thus SILVERMAX developer yields in combination with SILVERMAX 21 film a total of up to 14 zones in the negative.

Confectioning:

Ready to go Kit for 6 films including ADOFIX and ADOFLO*
    50 ml to mix 1,5 Liters of developer and to process up to 6 rolls of film*
    250 ml to mix 7,5 Liters of developer and to process up to 30 rolls of film*
    (*In a Jobo tank filled with 250 ml of developer per film)

Dilution: 1+29 (10 ml plus 290 ml of water to mix 300 ml)

Developing time for SILVERMAX 21 film:

11 Minutes at 20°C

(Agitate the first half minute continuosly and then tilt every 30 seconds once)

PDF Datasheet

I have underlined the important line. The developer is specially formulated to modify the characteristic curve of the film in a way that you have a normal grade in the midtones but extended coverage in the ends. You could theoretically take another developer and start adding or taking out chemicals and run test rows to optimize this developer as well. In the end (depending on the type of developer) you might end up with similar results.
    If you just change the dilution/developing time you will not get to this extend of curve modification.

However: Any deveoper will develop Silvermax to greyscales and a latidute which is at least comparable to other high quality B&W films.

When we introduced Silvermax some people stated that "etxra silver" was just a marketing gag as it would be useless. In some way they were right. If you do not use a specially formulated developer you "give away" most of the advantage in negative/positive work.
    (If you reverse-develop the film however you benefit from the extra DMAX).

I hope this makes sense to everyone.

Mirko
    Last edited by ADOX Fotoimpex; 08-20-2013 at 09:18 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you, Mirko. I'll order the developer as well.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear photographers,

I wrote

> Silvermax is Scala 200, which is based on APX 100

That may be misleading. Silvermax is made using the scala recipes, but its is not Scala from 2005 or earlier. It is fresh material.

I value the forthrightness of Mirko an Adox, all details on all product of Adox are available, nothing is hidden. And I value of course their initiative to enrich the market with own products.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin