Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,948   Online: 1095

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: R09 failure

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One could fill books with that story. Actually it has been done.

A lot is still enigmatic...

Concerning Rodinal Ian Grant and Роберт seem the experts to me.

In case of doubt truth decides. Or Andresen...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think the damage to the name is already done. So many versions, names, sources, who knows what they are getting. When I open a package of D76, it is always D76. I was thinking of trying Rodinal but the confusion still lingers.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm
    R09 is notorious for not having a long shelf life. Just google "R09 shelf life" and the first result is a photo.net thread from 2008 titled "Why Does Rodinal Live Longer Than R09?"

The original Rodinal can be found as Blazinal. That's the real deal. I've got 3 bottles and I can assure you it's the same.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    R09 is notorious for not having a long shelf life. Just google "R09 shelf life" and the first result is a photo.net thread from 2008 titled "Why Does Rodinal Live Longer Than R09?"

The original Rodinal can be found as Blazinal. That's the real deal. I've got 3 bottles and I can assure you it's the same.
    You need to read the thread prperly becayse some Rodinal is sold now as R09.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't have time for a thorough investigation, especially since my Blazinal stock is enough for the next 10 years. But I remember reading quite frequently that R09 was to be avoided if long term storage was a must.

This is the best contribution I could give on this topic: buy Blazinal and rest assured :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't have time for a thorough investigation, especially since my Blazinal stock is enough for the next 10 years. But I remember reading quite frequently that R09 was to be avoided if long term storage was a must.

This is the best contribution I could give on this topic: buy Blazinal and rest assured :-)
    Blazinal happens to be its name only in Canada, because Blazes Photographic Inc. are the authorized Canadian importers of that version of the developer, but are/were unable to use the name Rodinal.

Mike Boylan is the owner of Blazes Photographic Inc. See his posts in this 2012 Photo.net thread: http://photo.net/black-and-white-pho...g-forum/00asM7
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    When I open a package of D76, it is always D76.
    That's the reliability I expect from a reputable manufacturer.
    Life's too short to mess around with other things.

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    If you read Mirkos recent post about the current situation of the rodinal type developers even Blazinal will have to change.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am now in the same boat as the OP. I mixed a batch of Adox APH 09 1+25 to develope a roll of Shanghai GP3 rated at 100, 20c for 10 mins, super thin negatives. There was a huge chunk of crystals in the bottle. I haden't used it for about 3 months, last use development was spot on. I purchased it less than a year ago. I will be contacting Freestyle(place of purchase) to see what they have to say.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    35mm
    My last bottle of R09 lasted for 1.5 years with no problems. My current bottle is 7 months old and still kicking. And Blazes Boylan? Ulysses!!! Hilarious!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin