Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,809   Posts: 1,581,528   Online: 970

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Michael,

Yes they will, grades 2 3 4 will be in stock (hopefuly) in April and grade 1 to be comming later.

Its one of the frist days with some sun in SoCal so off to the darkroom to work on making my new sink. Six feet of shiny/shinnie stainless.

Jan Pietrzak

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan Pietrzak
    Michael,

Yes they will, grades 2 3 4 will be in stock (hopefuly) in April and grade 1 to be comming later.

Its one of the frist days with some sun in SoCal so off to the darkroom to work on making my new sink. Six feet of shiny/shinnie stainless.

Jan Pietrzak
    Thanks! I placed a pre-order with them. Can't wait for the paper to come in.
    I took the dive and ordered 8x10, 16x20 and 20x24 sizes. I will try some Grade #1 when it comes in. They said they believe it will be available in rolls, too.

Nice to see a bromide paper again. Hope I like it as much as the original Zone VI Brilliant.

-Mike
    Last edited by mikewhi; 01-29-2005 at 07:06 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    It appears that the Kentmere Bromide papers are already in stock. I pre-ordered from Freestyle & just got notification of shipment. Looking forward to trying this paper. Any recommendations of paper developer?
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Bromide Paper

MikeW and DougHouk - Would you guys please return here and post your findings on the Kentmere Paper after you've tried it?
    Thanks, Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Pietrzak
    Mark,

Kentmere Bromide will come in 4 (US) grades #1 #2 #3 #4 Freestyle should be receiveing the paper in April. The reason for the 4 grades is to have a full line of product.

Jan Pietrzak
    They had discontinued all except Grade 2 so they have obviously had to make something they never planned to make again. I hope these papers live up to expectations. I have some original grade 3 I can sometime compare.
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If this is, in fact. the same as the old Zone VI Brilliant, you might want to try what Fred Picker used - Dektol (1:2 or 1:3) or his Zone VI print developer, which is still available from Calumet.

I plan to try it with amidol and with Ansco 130.
    juan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

ZONE-VI?

Juan-this is NOT going to be the old Zone-VI paper. That was produced by Bergiomont(spelling is off)in France which was the oldest mfg. of light sensitive materials in the world until they closed shop. Zone-VI was good paper but there are plenty of excellent papers available today. I can make Forte VC do things that "old" Zone VI never did. If this paper is a "true" Bromide paper then we have alot to cheer about. Hope someone will get back here and give us a detailed report after trying it.
    Regards, Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's right, Peter - I had forgotten the paper came from France. I'm still excited about a bromide paper.
    juan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Layne
    They had discontinued all except Grade 2 so they have obviously had to make something they never planned to make again. I hope these papers live up to expectations. I have some original grade 3 I can sometime compare.
    I emailed Kentmere about this. Seems they only supply grade 2 themselves but will make a full roll of other grades to order. Presumably, this is what happened here.

If a customer requests a full mill reel of another Grade then it would be manufactured for them. This only happens very occasionally
    Cheers, Bob

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by peters
    MikeW and DougHouk - Would you guys please return here and post your findings on the Kentmere Paper after you've tried it?
    Thanks, Peter
    I ordered the Kentmere VC Glossy DWt. from Freestyle, and was printing with it in 48 hours. It's FAST, has a nice surface, rather chilly, but tones pinkish with KRST. It's hard to tell the finished print from Kodak Polymax Fine Art FD before staining. It works well with the Kodak Polymax filters, but gives a 50% increase in speed. At 1$ per sheet of 11x14 it's a bargain. I have only used a few sheets, so far, from one box, so I cannot comment on matters of quality control or variability.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin