Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,658   Online: 1013

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    john, would really like to get some feedback about the 106 developer with this paper.

we tested that developer last fall with a lot of papers (not Kentmere) and there was no change in tone. Talking with PF, we decided the modern papers were not sensitive to this developer, so it will be interesting to see if you get a nice brown tone as one got with the older papers.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Ann,

As we speak, everything is supposed to be on UPS or Fedex trucks on its way here to Massachusetts.

My very unscientific web research seems to indicate that 106 is effective only on chloro-bromide, not bromide, papers. This is apparently something of a crapshoot, as manufacturers do not reveal the precise ratio between the chloro and the bromide content. So some such chloro-bromide papers will likely react more strongly than others to this developer.

I will definitely look up this thread again and report in, when I have the test results in about a week or two.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    thanks, john
    look forward to hearing about your results. we tested about 15 different papers, mostly warmtone to being with, with no luck.

the "expert" at PF, thought this developer worked best with the old Kodak stuff
    but don't have any of that lying around, so really can test out the theory

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin