Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,939   Posts: 1,557,417   Online: 923

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All these films above are diffusion materials. This causes the reduced resolution and sharpness.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    I see Polaroid cameras all the time at my local thrift shop. But I know nothing about which formats are/are not available and don't really dare to buy any of them.
    The Land List is a pretty exhaustive reference on which cameras use which format. The Type 100 pack film cameras will take the Fuji packs.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    A new trend, what does that mean?

A generalized new interest in film photography? A new interest by some people at some places?
    A general new interest in film photography? Unfortunately not, at least not yet.
    But a new interest in instant film photography, yes, absolutely.
    Growth rates of 20-25% p.a. both for Instax film and Impossible Project (CEO Kaps said in an interview).
    Fuji Instax:
    http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2013/08/...gratification/

As instant film was the film type declared to be dead already in 2008 by all "experts", the impressive resurgence of instant film can give us some hope for conventional film, too.
    But the film manufacturers, the film distributors (Freestyle, ars-imago, ag-photographic, silverprint, Fotoimpex, Maco etc.), the labs and we film enthusiasts have to do much more in marketing for film to achieve such a real film resurgence.
    Impossible and Fuji have been successful because they started massive campaigns for instant film. And they did this quite clever.

Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    I'd say, the latter. Even here in Germany with a stronger hold to analogue photography there are dealers which keep their films under the counter due to scarceness of request. Others have some films still on their shelves but would never order instant film (Fuji Instax). Others have not only analogue cameras in the shopwindow (Instax) but even plain type 135 next to it.
    My experiences in Germany have been quite different. Much better situation there than in most other countries I've been (especially much better compared to the US and other European countries).

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You are right, Germany is still in a very good position concerning local film availability in general, even in small places. (Though not for Instax.) It is getting worse here too though.

But I have never ever seen anybody with an Instax camera. Actually I only once saw somebody with a film camera at all this year.
    An experience which has to be taken into account to make the picture.
    Last edited by AgX; 08-26-2013 at 12:03 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin