Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,857   Posts: 1,583,092   Online: 912

Shooter
    Multi Format

Panchromatic Guilleminot Reportage

Hello to all!

I've recently got my hands on two rolls of 620 format old film from the French producer. The ASA is 200, but the expiry date is March 66'.
    I tried to search a bit but I haven't heard too much of this film (Only read about and used Guilleminot paper). Th format doesn't concern me too much, since I can alway roll it on a 120 spool (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong), but does anybody have any info or idea how should I develop/ expose the negative? I don't want to experiment a lot since I have only two rolls.

Thanks a lot,

Tina

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's a pretty neat find. I've developed film from about that age and it was definitely very faded but scannable. I'd say your dev time would be more or less a guess since it's so old, I'd do 6 minutes in D76 and keep your fingers crossed.

Shooter
    35mm
    People often mention reduce EI by a stop for each decade, which suggests something like an EI of 6. A lot will depend on how it spent those decades, regarding temperatures and exposure to pollutants etc.

Regarding development, a clip test would be most sensible as the type of film is pretty much an unknown for most users by now. I'm sure a lot of people will suggest fog-reducing techniques and that sort of thing would be prudent too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks a lot for your replies! Well, I don't seek for a perfect, fog-free, right exposed image, I'm welcoming to any effects caused by time. I'd just love to get something visible. I guess I should make a small test indeed.

I think I will indeed reduce the EI, that seems pretty logical to me.. Maybe not till 6, but overexposure can do less harm than under...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin