Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,166   Online: 1085

Shooter
    Multi Format

MACO 820c 120 Slipping?

I've been experimenting with some MACO 820c IR film in my Hassy.

I've noticed that there is almost no frame spacing! At first I thought that I had a bad roll, but now I've run two rolls through the same back and had the same problem. Prior to using the 820c in this back I used some color transparency film in it without a problem. The frames were nicely spaced.

I've also noticed that the frames are starting right at the beginning of the roll. I've always loaded films and wound them to the arrow marks on the backing paper and there is usually about 2 - 3 cm of "leader"

Am I doing something wrong with this film? Is it known to slip like this? Should I be winding past the marker on the backing paper?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I don't know how your Hassy works, but with a rollfilm back I have, Linhof, it is sensitive to the thickness of the film and backing paper. For slide film I need to wind one extra turn past the arrow and then the spacing is fine, and it still fits on the roll. You may want to try this with your camera and a junk roll. I just made marks with a sharpie and then checked it at the end - no need to develop and just the cost of one roll to experiment with.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've used it in my Mamiya 7ii with no problems. I haven't tried in my Hasselblad yet.
    Diane

Halak 41

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin