Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,596   Online: 711

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: T Max Developer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love TMax developer. Works well with all kinds of film. Never had a problem. Not sure what people complain about.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    I know this is a bit off OP, but can someone explain to me why T Max requires it's own developer and how this is advantageous to any standard PQ developer?
    It doesn't require Tmax developer. Tmax 100 and Tmax 400 both work beautifully in D-76 1+1. Both also look great in PMK, and Tmax 100 is beautiful in Rodinal 1+50.

Tmax Developer was originally designed for pushing Tmax 400 and later for Tmax 3200. I don't think Tmax 3200 looks good in any other developer; Tmax Developer is perfect for it. I also preer Tmax Developer over all others for Ilford's Delta 3200 film. It is a good general purpose developer for most films if you want a liquid developer. I've used it for Tri-X when I was too lazy to dissolve powder for D-76.
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just got done developing some t max 400 and they look good. I guess the Kodafix was OK even though it had been opened for 7 months.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin