Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,846   Posts: 1,582,727   Online: 896

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ilford USA

Shooter
    Medium Format

Ilford USA

I just saw this on another forum and it sounds great. http://www.ilfordlab-us.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    There I go sleeping again! I registered anyway even if I do my own processing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have to keep that in mind.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you very much for the link. I have registered. I do the majority of my own work but one never knows. I have heard very good things regarding the European Lab's work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It appears from the address that Harman is partnering with Swan Photo Labs for the US work. I have always had good work out of Swan. Once the owner personally waived the ordinary turnaround time on scanning and printing some slides, along with scanning and repairing and reprinting a damaged print original, because I needed them for a funeral. They cut it to hours instead of days, no extra charge.
    I have not had B&W done by Swan, but my E-6 has consistently been great.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hadn't seen this either. They must think they'rs a market for this, which is good.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!
    For all practical purposes, they've taken Kodak away.

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    It appears from the address that Harman is partnering with Swan Photo Labs for the US work. I have always had good work out of Swan. Once the owner personally waived the ordinary turnaround time on scanning and printing some slides, along with scanning and repairing and reprinting a damaged print original, because I needed them for a funeral. They cut it to hours instead of days, no extra charge.
    I have not had B&W done by Swan, but my E-6 has consistently been great.
    Swan, and The Darkroom (their online name) are the greatest. I have only had good experiences with them (including B&W)... and many of them. I'm sure that this service will be just as good.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Swan, and The Darkroom (their online name) are the greatest. I have only had good experiences with them (including B&W)... and many of them. I'm sure that this service will be just as good.
    From your experience it sounds like the reason they teamed together. If they did? This is a win-win for both of them and a bonus for us.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is the same address (since changed to a P.O. box #).

Swan did do B&W before. Maybe Harmon set up a new operation to their specifications or changed the existing one, maybe they will have someone on site, maybe they are just contracting with Swan. Whichever, I have confidence that Harman has approached this carefully, and would not have done it this way unless they were sure that the quality and service will be to their high standards.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin