Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,695   Posts: 1,549,056   Online: 1030

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Great photos there! I like TMax in ID-11/D76, although I honestly prefer the look of traditional emulsion B&W films like Tri-X. I have developed a couple of rolls of TMax400 in Rodinal too and didn't like it at all. It has a very harsh look.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by chriscrawfordphoto View Post
    Tmax 400 is beautiful in D-76 1+1. 9 minutes, 68 degrees.

Thanks Chris. I was having a little trouble getting my Tri-X developing exactly where I wanted it and when I followed your dev times/procedure for D76 everything fell into place. I looked there for Tmax 400, but wasn't sure if there would be much difference in development time between EI320 and EI400 since it's only 1/3 stop.
    Last edited by Blooze; 08-29-2013 at 02:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    just make sure you don't agitate much. Tmax's highlights are DELICATE.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Blooze View Post
    Thanks Chris. I was having a little trouble getting my Tri-X developing exactly where I wanted it and when I followed your dev times/procedure for D76 everything fell into place. I looked there for Tmax 400, but wasn't sure if there would be much difference in development time between EI320 and EI400 since it's only 1/3 stop.
    When processed to normal contrast, the film's real speed in D-76 1+1 is 320. Extending the developing to get to 400 will give too much contrast. That said, its a 1/3 stop difference. most will say you won't notice if you shoot at 400 and use the 320 developing time. I do, but I am very picky.
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Although I prefer Xtol (replenished), Rodinal 1+50 works nicely with TMX 120. Rodinal may be a little sharper and does not seem to emphasize grain clumping excessively. This is a shot I got while testing Rodinal 1+50, 7:10 @ 76F.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG02_web.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, I did the first two out of three rolls this afternoon using ID-11 (1+1) for 9@68F. They look pretty decent to me. I timed things a little different than I did on my first roll earlier this summer. Started the timer right as I started to pour the developer, then poured it out with 10 seconds left so the stop went in at the zero mark. I also started with the ID-11 at 67F. I've found that it seems to gain about 1F during the developing, so I figured it would average out. I think my problem with that first roll was I was most likely developing for closer to 9:30 sec with the temp going from 68F to 69F. Don't know, maybe that was the issue? I did about 15 inversions to start with that were moderately quick, but then was pretty gently with the two inversions every 30 sec after that. I guess I'll see tomorrow or Sunday when I try scanning them.

Thanks again everyone!

Shooter
    35mm
    Here's a link to a few of the photos so far if anyone's interested (it's the first 15 in the gallery). Keep in mind most of the photos were taken in midday sun

http://www.rollinghillsimagery.com/Film/Yashica-Mat/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin