Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,742   Online: 881

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

reuse of tetenal ultrafin plus

Hi, I was wondering wether one can reuse tetenal ultrafin plus after developing one film (like with Tmax developper) and what are the rules (I use it to get gamma=0.7 according to Tetenal facy sheet). Or is it one shot?
    Thanks in advance.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've put up to 12 36 shot rolls through 1 batch. The instructions say up to 18 rolls, but you have to increase times. I don't have the instructions that show the time multiplier any more. You can download them from Tetenal. 1 liter made 10 liters when I diluted at 1:9, although they only have 1:4 and 1:6 listed.

Hope this helps!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I always used 1+6 one shot, which works fine.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    When you buy it, it comes with a multilanguage leaflet that shows the time factors. 4 rolls requires no factor, after that a multiplier is used. I found that the most I needed at the time, was about 1.5 times. The factors are different for volume and tank size, so read the leaflet, and you'll be good to go. I haven't used it in a while, but when my HC-110 runs out, I'll be picking some up!

I may have been wrong about the 18 rolls, though, as I recall something about up to 60 rolls per liter of concentrate.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by kintatsu View Post
    When you buy it, it comes with a multilanguage leaflet that shows the time factors. 4 rolls requires no factor, after that a multiplier is used. I found that the most I needed at the time, was about 1.5 times. The factors are different for volume and tank size, so read the leaflet, and you'll be good to go. I haven't used it in a while, but when my HC-110 runs out, I'll be picking some up!

I may have been wrong about the 18 rolls, though, as I recall something about up to 60 rolls per liter of concentrate.

Thanks for the answer. I guess that the 4 rolls no multiplier rule is in the case you make 1 liter stock solution (1+4). I would love 1+6 one shot but then times can be extremely long for gamma=0.7 (I need it because I am using a color enlarger). I have not found the datas in the leaflet from the box

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Here's a link to their development times for all their different developers. It shows times for either .55 or .70 and either dilution stock. Their booklet shows 6 rolls for 500ml, with 2 rolls without multiplier, at 3 it goes to 1.2x, 4=1.4, 5=1.6, and 6=1.7. I used 1:9, and gotten good results. If you use it 1:6 try their multipliers, they always worked for me.

http://www.tetenal.de/imaging_shop/images/00001808.pdf

Based on their chart times at 1:6 for .70 range from 6.5 to 17 minutes depending on your agitation.
    Last edited by kintatsu; 08-30-2013 at 03:57 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: found booklet

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Why not shoot Ultrafin (not plus) at, say, 1:20 one shot and save the time, hassle and expense of using the Plus?

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the answer and for the datas (basically for 1/2 liter increase by 10% time per film processed: 2 times "better" than ilford id11). I read the documentation your link points to and I could not find any indication about reusing it.
    Best regards.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    That wasn't on that chart. I think I attached the leaflet here correctly. It's on the last page.

I hope this helps.
    Attached Files

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, it helps. I should have read the two manuals in the box. At first sight I thought that the one you just uploaded was just for safety... I did not have a
    proper look at it. Sorry for that...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin