Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,693   Posts: 1,482,448   Online: 902

Thread: Perma-Wash

Island Heights, NJ, but will retire back to Maine.
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Perma-Wash

Does anyone know the composition of Perma-Wash? Is it just a concentrated stock solution of sulfite, or does it have other ingredients?

What I'm really asking, I guess, is: is it worth buying this or any other commercial washing aid, or is mixing 25g sulfite per liter of water going to do the same thing for me?

Larry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    See this thread for some info I found on Perma-Wash. Nothing specific, but it's about the origin of the product.

http://www.apug.org/forums/showthrea...1430#post91430

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Maine-iac
    Does anyone know the composition of Perma-Wash? Is it just a concentrated stock solution of sulfite, or does it have other ingredients?

What I'm really asking, I guess, is: is it worth buying this or any other commercial washing aid, or is mixing 25g sulfite per liter of water going to do the same thing for me?

Larry
    Larry, in my experience, 20 to 30 grams per liter of sodium sulfite works fine as a one-shot, post fixer pre-wash bath.

For a reusable buffered solution, add about 5 grams per liter of sodium bisulfite to the mixture.

See the postings in the APUG Chemistry Recipes.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Island Heights, NJ, but will retire back to Maine.
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hoskinson
    Larry, in my experience, 20 to 30 grams per liter of sodium sulfite works fine as a one-shot, post fixer pre-wash bath.

For a reusable buffered solution, add about 5 grams per liter of sodium bisulfite to the mixture.

See the postings in the APUG Chemistry Recipes.
    Thanks, Tom.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin