Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,464   Online: 917

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Amaloco was something like a dutch Tetenal. They even published kind of news-papers as the latter.
    The only dutch book on photochemicals had been written by the owner of Amaloco.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes that was the : Amaloco Doka-infokrant. Last edition 2005/2006. Indeed written by the owner, Jaap van Beugen.
    Amaloco's small party was in 2004: 75 years 1929-2004. So to be exact they stopped the production in August 2008 in Ommen.
    First OEM delivery produced by Tetenal was done somewhere end 2009, a bit too late for most abroad Amaloco distributors. And with less then 40% of their original products not really interesting anymore.

Here an overview of the Amaloco history:
    http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl/documenta...FOTOCHEMIE.pdf

Dutch company so in Dutch
    My favorite store: http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you for the corrections to my earlier post and the extra information

I recall picking up a newspaper/newsletter in the local doka stockist, then later hearing and reading about the company's demise. When I first saw the 'new' Amaloco chemicals (a year or so later) I avoided them as I thought they must have been from an old pallet found at the back of a warehouse. Possibly I was not the only possible customer who was put off like that. At least they still exist in some form anyway, and more choice should be positive.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear all,

thanks for the explanations so far. I've done some more tests, and it seems, that my "scanning" process needs a bit more reliability and knowledge before accusing the developer chemicals. What happened was, that I (for some reason) compared JPEG conversions from the camera and conversions from Aperture. In my camera settings I have a much more aggressive sharpening applied.

Here's one example from the T-Max 400 roll.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OldTimes.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	604.1 KB 
ID:	74270

Thanks a lot

Cheers

Alex

PS: Amaloco AM74 is also known as Rollei RHS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin