Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,815   Online: 873

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In Agfa Rezeptes (books of formulae) they give a number of bleaches and toners which can be used in different combinations similar to the Defender Varigram toner above.

It's worth remembering that best results are with Bromide papers, you can get weaker colours (Dmax) with warm tone papers but there's plenty of room for very significant variations.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been using the potassium bromide and potassium ferrocyanide toner for a while. My process involves bleaching the print with the toner, washing off the toner and re-exposing the print in sunlight which brings back parts of the print. Don't know how it works or what it's called but it makes for unpredictable but beautiful results. I learned this process from a photographer when I assisted years ago.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Would you have any print scans? that sounds like a really interesting process and one I wouldn't mind trying out?

Fran

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Take a look

Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    Would you have any print scans? that sounds like a really interesting process and one I wouldn't mind trying out?

Fran
    Here's a link of a matted print on Flickr. Different papers have a different effect. Sometimes the highlights are beige and the middle and dark tones are brown.

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/maineco...ac/9702941117/
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok, many thanks for the image.

So I how far do you bleach and how long in sunlight?.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

You'll have to experiment

Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    Ok, many thanks for the image.

So I how far do you bleach and how long in sunlight?.
    You'll have to experiment. I bleach the print by eye. Some details disappear in the bleach then come back during re-exposure. But I expose until the print doesn't change anymore under sunlight. You can't get the same results twice no matter how hard you try. Each print is unique with this toning process.
    Aaron Chang

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin